Wednesday 18 April 2018

To All the Boys I have loved before - Jenny Han

What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them...all at once Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They arent love letters that anyone else wrote for her these are ones shes written. One for every boy shes ever loved-five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jeans love life goes from imaginary to out of control. 

Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 26th 2016 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published April 15th 2014)
To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1
YA romance
Own

My thoughts:
I found this one at a flea market and I was so surprised. Books there are almost always crap, or like in used bookstores, old Harlequins and 50 shades. And then I found something I actually wanted to read, oh and it was cheap! Old books are always like 1 euro less than what I could find from bookdepo. A steal.

I did not expect to like this one as much as I did, I mean sorry, but it is YA, and all YA book I seemed to pick were triangles and drama. But this one was real. And to YAs credit, lately I have listened to a lot on audio and truly enjoyed them. Maybe I have learned to pick good ones.

Lara Jean lives with her 3 sisters and her dad. Margot who moves away to College, and was the one keeping them together. Kitty, the youngest, who was a hoot. Lara loves to scrapbook and bake, and stay home. I liked her at once.

The "drama" here is that she has written love letters. One to her sisters boyfriend. One to her first kiss. And so on. And they get posted. That does cause some drama and I liked the turn it took. It made her try new things and to get to know herself better. I came to a point where I no longer knew how I wanted the book to end. I changed too.

But, I would love to give it a rating from great to good cos of that evil ending. I mean who puts a cliffie in a romance? Come on! Now I have to read more! But I wanted a nice little conclusion! *sulks*

Final thoughts:
A great YA, anyone would enjoy it. Light and fun.

Cover
Cute

35 comments:

  1. This has been lingering on my shelves far too long. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you have learned to pick them, me I still seem to get all the angsty drama-thons. Great Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I do believe I have. Eeek, knock in wood. You know my next one is gonna be angsty now

      Delete
  3. oh yeah I heard a lot about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, not the dreaded cliffhanger. I'm so over them being in books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one yet, but it's been on my TBR for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cliffie in a romance? Who does that? Still I have excellent things about this author and the series so now I have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so evil! I was dying cos I really wanted to know how things would turn out. I was so invested

      Delete
  7. I think I'm more impressed that you liked a YA book than finding a good one in the bargain bin! LOL Oh and yea... evil ending for a romance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I would have been before, but I have come across so many good YA ones lately. SO I will stick with the bargain bin surprise <;)

      Delete
  8. I've seen this around before and it seems to come out favourably... I'm usually not good with YA contemporary but I'm trying new things so I may check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only heard good things, and it paid off. And I hear ya, I have not been that impressed before

      Delete
  9. Glad to hear you got such a good deal and a good read, except for the cliffy! Hope you get the next book soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack, if there was time for new books. SO I told the library to get them both

      Delete
  10. Oh gawd. This gave me hives! I had SO many crushes on boys. eeee. Can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this one sitting on my bookshelf. It sounds good but what is with the cliffhanger ending?! That's not nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I miiight be going overboard, but it was a total cliffie, about her lovelife :)

      Delete
  12. Wow, nice find at a flea market! I love those hidden gems. And I'd be mortified if my secret love letters got mailed, but this does sound pretty cute and sweet :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went there a few days ago, blerg, crap and more crap. I guess I get lucky once a blue moon.

      I'd die on the spot

      Delete
  13. I've been staring at my copy of this series in my shelves forever! If you found enjoyable, then it must be good. Considering how you rarely read YA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So if I like it, something must be good lol. It was just sweet you know, and funny

      Delete
  14. Love the idea of this and the horror of those letters being mailed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool that you found this leeper at a thrift store. It's pretty amazing what we can find when least expected. I came across some Nancy Drew Books at a thrift store the other day. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! :) SOmetimes we get lucky, but mostly it is the same old same old

      Delete
  16. I have this one but I thought it turns into a love triangle at some point? must investigate because it sounds cute. Especially if you liked a YA.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a triangle of sorts, but I could live with it cos it was like never a TRIANGLE. You would have to read it to see ;)

      Delete
  17. Too young for my tastes, but OMG... my teenage self would have freaked out. I bet it would make a good movie/TV show.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP