Friday 11 August 2017

Audio Review: In his hands - Adriana Anders

Abby Merkley has been a member of the Church of the Apocalyptic Faith since she was a child, and there's no way out-except death. She will fight the odds to survive, but there's no one in the world she can trust, nowhere she can run that the cult can't find her . . . until her handsome, brooding neighbor takes her into the safety of his arms. Luc Stanek craves a quiet life. But he doesn't hesitate when a desperate woman lands, bloodied and branded on his doorstep. Soon he finds himself drawn into her chaotic world, caught in the center of an apocalyptic war . . . and determined to save the fierce beauty no matter the cost. 

My thoughts
I was reading a cult book at the same time as I listened to this one. I did wonder at times who was it who had eaten dirt in a cellar, oh the other cult book. Cults are scary, I will tell you that.

Abby grew up in a cult. She was married too young to an old man. Her mother blindly follows the faith and honors her husband, the leader. But Abby wants to leave, she wants more. She does not want this miserable existence. She is naive, but that makes sense since she lives in this sheltered backwards place. 

Luke lives on the same mountain. He does not like people, he just wants to farm. To be left alone.

They did come together rather fast. They had not known each other for long. But I guess he was lonely, she wanted something new. And they did fancy each other.

The story is about them falling for each other, and her trying to break away from that horrible cult. The journey from that is long. Cult people are creepy weirdos. Scary bastards.

Conclusion:
It did have a slow start but it got better as it got scary

Narration Wendy Tremont King
I have gotten hooked on a fast speed and with this one I listened really fast. Some voices do really well in faster speed.

I liked how she did her voices. A great difference between them. Luke's accent though, eh, see it is so easy to make those caricature accents. I have met French people, not had those tv accents. I am sure some have, but in this day of age at least I got my accent from watching tv. But I guess it was needed to make us get he was French

She did a good job

Audio Sample 

By the way, every audiobook lover out there. Where do you find good samples that you can put directly on your blog?
Audio CD, 13 h
Expected publication: August 1st 2017 by Tantor Audio
Blank Canvas #3
Contemporary romance / Romantic suspense
For review

24 comments:

  1. I agree about speed and the voices. Some ya can and some you cannot. Glad to see this narration worked well. Yes, cults are scary. I enjoy reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cults are pretty creepy. I haven't read a book about one before but maybe I'll have to give one a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it was more about the romance so creepy guys for sure

      Delete
  3. I don't put audiobook samples on my reviews, but I know Hot Listens and Felicia do... check with them.

    My review partner really enjoyed this one. Sounds a bit to freaky for me. I like happy, small town stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must do that! Thanks :)

      Not that happy, it really was a darker sort in that way

      Delete
  4. I've gotten used to fast speeds too, there's no turning back when you get used to it lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all dang, I am hooked and now normal speed is soooooooooooooooo slow

      Delete
  5. I wouldn't have guessed this was a cult book based on the cover. Cult books scare the pants off me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, that summary makes it sound like a pretty dysfunctional relationship. Hopping from a cult to the guy but whatever works and makes you happy lol

    For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting, I never would have thought I'd find creepy cults and romance in the same book!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. More and more I listen at 1.25 speed. I've noticed a few audio samples are from soundcloud but I haven't posted many and those only sent by publisher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I agree...cults are really really scary but I don't think I have ever read a story with a cult in it. So sign me up for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I think I have one of hers on my tbr pile. Glad it got better :D And soundcloud is where I pull clips. They don't have all of them but some.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP