Friday 14 October 2016

To love and to cherish - Lauren Layne

Alexis Morgan has spent the past six years devoted to turning her tiny start-up into Manhattan’s premiere wedding planning company, The Wedding Belles. Now that her business is thriving, it’s time to turn towards her much neglected personal life, and Alexis approaches her relationships like she does everything else: with a plan. Not a part of that plan is Logan Harris, the silent partner in the Belles, and the one person who’s been there for her since the very beginning. But Alexis needs someone fun, and Logan’s all business, all the time—except when a late night at the office ends with an unexpected kiss that leaves the usually cool and together Alexis reeling.

Logan has lusted after Alexis since the day he walked into the tiny Harlem apartment that used to double as her office. But the ambitious wedding planner has always been untouchable...until now. Alexis has made it clear that she’s on the dating market—and equally clear that he’s not in the running. But when Alexis finds herself in need of a date for her sister’s last minute wedding in Florida, Logan knows it’s the perfect time to show Alexis that there’s more to him than numbers and spreadsheets—and beneath the pinstripes and glasses lies a hot-blooded heartthrob. As Florida’s sultry days turn into even hotter nights, Logan’s out to convince Alexis that the fling of a lifetime could just maybe turn into forever... 

My thoughts;
This one felt short and light, it was all boom done! And then all what? That fast`? Yes that quickly.

I have not read the two previous books, though one is now free on xoxo free reads so gotta read that one within 4 weeks then. But in the end it does not matter, we have a flashback how she met Logan, and I just started to read. She owns The Wedding bells, the plans weddings, her two coworkers /friends got married in earlier books. Check. Nothing missed there. 

Alexis then, oh she loves her job. Her job is everything. And good for her to really know what she wants. But at the same time she wants more, like a man, kids, she just wants family (and no wonder after we learns why she left for NY.)

Logan is her accountant and long time NY friend. Oh Logan, he has wanted her for years. And she does not notice, Oh silly Alexis.

But this is a romance after all. I did want to hit her in the head at first, but I get her fears. And he takes it slow, and she runs, and he takes it slow, and I hit her over the head with a frying pan, and they live happily ever after.

It was a cute romance.

Cover
nice

Kindle Edition, 320 pages
Expected publication: October 18th 2016
The Wedding Belles #3
Contemporary romance
NG

31 comments:

  1. lol oh well that was an interesting review XD
    Everyone is loving this series, I will need to see what the fuss is about

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was curious about Alexis, I read the first book last weekend. I liked it but I wasn't over the moon over it. I have the other two, I will get to them when I get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ You wanted to hit her over her head!

    I'm so glad you've been enjoying the xoxo free reads :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really fun, and since my e.reader sucks anyway then it does not matter if I read on mu tablet

      Delete
  4. It's funny when you see that one has wanted the other for a while and the other is clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love their free reads! However, if we ever meet I'm going to make sure you don't have a frying pan in the vicinity. ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! LOL That was funny! You are a dangerous lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh sometimes too fast is meh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, usually not a good thing to want to hit the character over the head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you enjoyed this one! The sexual tension between these two characters was off-the-charts in the first book, so I'm really looking forward to picking up this one! Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to get caught back up with hers some day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed this series and I am glad you did too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's always nice to have a sweet romance like that

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to read her books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One is free one xoxo after dark ;) For...3 weeks left? or something

      Delete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP