Tuesday 25 October 2016

Playing with fire - Kate Meader

As the only female firefighter at Engine Co. 6, Alexandra Dempsey gets it from all sides: the male Mr. Mayor has other ideas... coworkers who think she can't do the job, the wives and girlfriends who see her as a threat to their firefighter men, and her overprotective foster brothers who want to shelter their baby sister at all costs. So when she single-handedly saves the life of Eli Cooper, Chicago's devastatingly handsome mayor, she assumes the respect she's longed for will finally come her way. But it seems

Eli Cooper's mayoral ratings are plummeting, his chances at reelection dead in the water. When a sexy, curvaceous firefighter gives him the kiss of life, she does more than bring him back to the land of the living--she also breathes vitality into his campaign. Riding the wave of their feel-good story might prop up Eli's flagging political fortunes, but the sizzling attraction between them can go nowhere; he's her boss, and there are rules that must be obeyed. But you know what they say about rules: they're made to be broken... 

My thoughts:
Oh this was a hot one! And I really felt the chemistry between these two, it sizzled off the pages.

Alexandra is a firefighter, she has lots of foster brothers, and she is a serial dater. She does want to find the one, but men suck. She also has a mouth on her and says what she thinks. When she meets Eli, sparks fly. She mouths off and riles him up.

Eli is the mayor if Chicago, and he does have a thing for her. But mostly he likes to argue with her and their arguing is the best. It really shows the chemistry. I was all just get down and dirty at once!

There will be some drama, that is obvious from, well you will see. But hey I also know it will blow over soon and they will live happily ever after. Until then it was fun to see them fall in love, when they both believed this would blow over.

I read it in one sitting.

Kindle Edition, 384 pages
Published September 29th 2015 by Pocket Books
Hot in Chicago #2
Contemporary romance
NG

37 comments:

  1. I love it when the couple argues and you can see all the chemistry between them. I have been meaning to try this one and I think I should sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they argue and you are all meh, but here, it was intense

      Delete
  2. A Female firefighter! I like the sound of that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever read a firefighter romance before! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! So much, obviously. Must read this:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *thinks about it* I am not sure I have either

      Delete
  4. I like that the firefighter is a woman, that is a nice twist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that she showed that side of the world too

      Delete
  5. Sounds fabulous, strong woman and drama and hot guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally was saying the other day I need to read her books!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series. I need to read the last one too and catch up.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite installment of the series so far. Need to read book 3 but so not ready to say goodbye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh sounds good! Love me some firefighters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading it in one sitting is about the strongest recommendation there is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love sassy dialogue and I've had my eye on this series already. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so classically sleazy and enjoyable wrapped into such a wonderful little package.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I recently read book 3 and loved it so I can't wait to read this one!!! I love that the heroine is a firewoman

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eli is the mayor of Chicago? Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, just knowing all the issues Chicago has it made me laugh thinking of the mayor as a romance hero character ;-)

      Delete
    2. Well he did not have it easy!

      Delete
  15. Hmmm.... I can tell already that this one will drive me batty. I'll stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did NOT expect the girl to be the firefighter. Nice. Good twist

    ReplyDelete
  17. No i really want to read it! :-) sounds like something to read by the fire hiding from bad weather!

    ReplyDelete

Contributors

Copyright © 2008-2020 Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell All Rights Reserved. Proudly powered by Blogger

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Lea

Back to TOP